For the terrace garden, you need to have the roof or terrace there. It can be done in any kind of building, commercial or residential, flat or slanting roof. It brings a piece of nature to your house. There are numerous ways to make the terrace garden at home:
Find the right place - Firstly, you need to find the right place according to the direction and the flow of the sun. The rays of the sun are to gain energy. So, the area should be near the sun. Thus, it receives the right nutrients.
Find the right soil - You need to have the right soil that is rich in nutrients. The selection of the right type of soil is significant because the growth of the plant depends on the nutrients of the soil. For the right soil, you need to have the proper mixture of regular soil, compost coir peat (or sand) and vermicomposting in equal quantities. You can get buy the soil from Amazon with some mixed manure in it.
Ugaoo Pot-O-Mix 3 Kg - Premium Potting Soil Mix for Plants: https://amzn.to/2NlGDQs
Cocogarden® Cocopeat Block - Expands Up To 75 Litres of Coco Peat Powder: https://amzn.to/2E4GdK2
Find the proper veggies - You need to select the right plant for your gardening. Some of the example veggies are: - Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Radishes, Beans, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Beetroot, Lettuce, Garlic, Chilies and, Peppers, Gourds and Eggplant, etc.
Find the right pot - you need to select the right sized plant- You also need to use mud pots instead of plastic pots. Mud pot will absorb less heat than the plastic container. Also, Mud pods give more large growth for the plant.
Some relevant facts to keep in mind:
- Watering the plant should be a daily routine. Water is its food.
- By removing the unwanted plants growing alone, and pinching the dry leaves and spraying the organic solution, can help the plants to grow.
- Your garden requires watering twice a day in summer days.
How much does a terrace garden cost?
A terrace garden will cost you around 20,000 INR (minimum), and it includes the costing of containers, seeds, soils, etc. However, you may decrease the cost if you use recycled containers and expand your garden in steps.
Useful Tips for Terrace Gardening
- If you want to grow organic fruits or vegetables then I would recommend you to avoid spraying pesticides and chemicals into it.
- Make use of plastic containers because they hold better moisture than terracotta and are lighter also.
- Never forget to waterproof the surface of the terrace to protect your home from the leakage.
- Avoid spraying water in the plants in rains.
- Always buy organic seeds online and read customers testimonials and reviews before making out any purchase from these sites.
- Gardening requires tools such as sprayers, composters, shovels, rakes, and gloves.
Advantages of Terrace Garden
- The most significant advantage is that you can relax in the lap of nature whenever you want.
- Strong structure can support heavy loads
- Removes only excess water efficiently.
- It promotes fast and excellent plant growth
- It also reduces residential flooding.
- It reduces water pollution by filtering at the source.
- It makes your home cooler by 6-8 degree. So, it does save your air conditioning cost.
- It reduces the heat conversion by houses and acts as protection from heat and cold.
- You can get fresh, clean air right at your home and enjoy the healthy and organic atmosphere at your house.
Buy Garden Soil and Tools from Amazon
If you have any queries regarding this article, then ask your questions on our comment section box. We will try to help you by giving every possible answer to your questions.
Image Source: Instagrammed by bharti244