Monsoons almost here!! We all love rains don't we?! But tell me, have you made a gist of things that you need to change in your beauty routine? If not, here are some kick-ass tips to keep you looking beautiful and rejuvenated! Now you need to take some extra care of your skin and hair because humidity! Making changes in your makeup routine is also must as we all know. Let me give you a detailed gist of things that you could do, according to your skin type.
Dry Skin Type: The skin gets dry when it isn't hydrated properly and during monsoons, it even gets worse. Here's something you could do;
- Drink as much water as you can.
- Moisturize your skin frequently.
- You could also use rose water and glycerine for your skin.
- Keep away from alcohol based tonners.
Oily Skin Type:
- Wash your face at least 3-4 times a day to get rid of excess oil.
- Facials scrubs are must. Try to use natural or organic ones.
- Use home remedy packs that keeps your skin fresh and healthy. My personal favourite is a mixture of chick-pea flour, milk, lemon, pinch turmeric and honey. This paste literally gives me a flawless glow and is recommended!
Combination Skin Type:
- As mentioned above, drink lots of water, it’s probably the easiest way to achieve a healthy skin
P.s. It gives you lot of other benefits too!
- Moisturize regularly, Use your scrubs twice a week.
- I would suggest you use home remedies for your skin other than chemical products.
Beauty Tips for Monsoons:
- Use soap free cleansers and alcohol free tonners.
- Sunscreen should be used even if it’s cloudy.
- Avoid your facials and bleaching this season.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
- Lip balms should be your favourite this season.
- Washing your face, hands and feet as soon as you are home, is must and we already know that!! (Preferably Luke warm water)
- When it comes to your makeup, of course we need water proof products.
- Heavy makeup must be avoided this season.
- I would suggest you go with your Bb and Cc creams instead of your foundations.
- If you cannot move out without your eyeliner (like me) Try using those gel eyeliners. They are waterproof and smudge proof and stay long. Other than that you know that you need waterproof eye pencils and mascara. My favourite is Faces eye pencil (waterproof, smudge proof and intense).
- Take out all your matte lipsticks because you are going to need them this season.
- If you must blush, use soft, subtle and light shades (matte) and keep it really well blended. You can use cream blushers as well but make sure it’s not over done.
- Try to protect your hair from rains, as much as you can.
- Apply shampoos in a gentle manner and you do not have to use conditioners after every wash. Opt for organic shampoos other than chemical based ones. My favourite is Triclenz Hair cleanser. It’s super amazing! Must try!
- Oiling your hair should be added to your routine. You could also add few curry leaves to warm coconut oil, nourishes your hair.
- Hair dryers or other heat machines are a no-no this season. (I know it’s uncool but yeah it’s important).
- Opt for simple hairstyles.
So this was a quick list of things that you need to change in your Beauty regime. Well every season has some good news and bad news but that doesn’t stop you from looking your best!